Friday, August 24, 2012

Sea salt vs Resolve take 2 and new lesson learned :)

Good afternoon! I am back today with take 2 of the sea salt vs Resolve on ink technique. You can see many photos on yesterday's post HERE. Today I tried it with lighter Dylusions ink colours. What I discovered was that the results of the Resolve do not show up as much with lighter colours, but with the seal salt it was way more dramatic and darker....so you just know I will HAVE to try it again with even darker colours then yesterday's post. LOL!

Here are today's papers that both started off basically the exact same:

                                                                                                                       Here is the Resolve result:


Here is the sea salt result: 


I am going to enter this in Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: No Rules.
Hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by! Hugs, TRace

9 comments:

Terry said...

Hey there Tracey thank you for sharing your fabulous background with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the result with the Sea salt, thank you for sharing, hugs terry xxxx

Candy C said...

Tracey...your backgrounds are both so cool! I love the way you've really photographed both so nicely so that we can all see the difference...and there is a difference! Thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love technique challenges! You have a new follower now! Thank you so much! I've yet to try sea salt or anything like this! Off to the grocery!

Judy1223 said...

VERY cool stuff here, Trace! I'm learning so much!

Cindy C. said...

Cool! Thanks for showing us the differences!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Tracey both are beautiful, but I would pick sea salt using these inks & colours. Depends on the look you are going for right ?

I've been using seasalt with Tombows (first spray water) for a year and love the results, will try it with my Dylusions now. Thanks for the tips ! (ps... I'm in love with the vibrant colours of Dylusions, they are awesome!)

Have a great weekend ! Shirleyx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Me again ! Looking at these again... I think it would be hard to pick which one - I must pick up some resolve :) Thanks again for the great tutorials....

Sandra said...

Stunning results on both! I'm so gonna try this. Need to do some shopping first... Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Cathy A said...

Cool effect on these Tracey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...