Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting my "natural" Vit D!!!

Well the sun was FINALLY shinning today, so I decided to get myself out of the house. I just read an article on the importance of Vit D and it's prevention of MANY cancers, not to mention so many other diseases and conditions like osteoporosis. With just 15 minutes of sun on your hands and face, you are provided with more then enough of your daily requirement!! So, I got off of my butt, and made Roxy's day by asking her if she wanted to go for a walk on the Lake.....hubby usually takes her!

Roxy patiently waiting for me to get going...probably wondering why on earth I have the camera along for our walk!!


Our destination is the park, way in the distance! Usually a 30 minute walk...today 45 minute due to the fresh foot of snow!!!



OK...so I might of bundled up a bit too much for this walk...I HATE being cold!! I even have snow-pants on...the forecast was calling for -20 degrees C, but I didn't check before I left! I think it must of been warmer for I began sweating in 5 minutes LOL!!



This dog is sometimes out and about when we go out on the lake....his owners are building a steel dock a few houses down....YES in the winter....its easier!!! Roxy and him have sooo much fun chasing one another and it really tires her out...which she needs...her breed is of herding nature, and boy can she run!! During the summer she almost get in a run a day between myself, hubby and daughter all being runners :) We don't run outside in the winter, just too dangerous!

Finally home...I wonder if this counts as my exercise for the day??I was suppose to run on the "dreadmill"!


Have a WONDERFUL active day!!
Hugs,
TRace

14 comments:

Lin said...

Love your post today Tracey! I know Roxy is glad you took her outside today, cold or not. I love snowy bright days, when the sun is out and the sky is blue. Do I spy a screened in sleeping porch?? I have always wanted one! Lucky, lucky you!

Nancy said...

You go girl! My dog, Jenny, loves the snow too!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Oh my goodness, Tracey! Your house is GORGEOUS!!! Think you need to have me over for a sleepover. ;)

Alice said...

LOVE your post today, too Tracey! It really looks like a great day out! so glad you got your daily dose of Vitamin D in! and thanks for sharing those pretty photos! your house looks sooooo beautiful! =) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jill said...

Such a great post! Very motivating!! :)

donna mikasa said...

I'm just in awe of all that SNOW! What a wonderful day you and Roxy shared, and what a fabulous house to come home to!

Sue McRae said...

Your dog is such a cutie Tracey. She must love all the space of running around on the lake. Oh, and your house is a beauty, is that a screened porch I see?

Courtney Baker said...

Love your house and your dog! It's crazy that you can get out in the lake (for my TN brain anyways)!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What beautiful photos and thanks so much for sharing bits about your personal life, always so good to hear! And WOW, what the heck am I doing living here!! I'm moving to Canada if the homes are that big, so wonderful!!!

Lynnette said...

What a fun post. Your photos are awesome, thank you for sharing! I love your dog, Roxy. My dogs love being outside too. Way to get your vitamin D and exercise in;)

Jane said...

Just BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! Your home is gorgeous!
xo

Suzanne C said...

What great pictures and love the picture of the dogs. Your house is gorgeous! It looks so lovely. You will have to share pictures in the summer!

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed reading this post sista and enjoyed the photos too...you are so adorable all bundled up and your house is so big!!!! miss u xo

Leni said...

We love to go out for long walks, although we don't have a dog. Wonderful photo's you showed us. We looked at it with our whole family and we are completely in awe...because of your house!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...